Hypnotherapy employs a range of skilled verbal communication, used in Psychotherapy. It is intended to uncover psychological resources within one’s unconscious mind and bringing them forth to the conscious ability. Hypnotherapists direct the clients’ cognitive focus and imagination in such a way as to bring about intended alterations in sensations, perceptions, feelings, thoughts and behaviour.
Hypnotherapy interventions can be applied to a wide range of clinical usage such as medical, dental and psychological treatments. Areas of application include anxiety and stress conditions, weight control, addictive behaviours (including smoking, alcohol and substance misuse) and confidence issues. Hypnotherapy is also used to enhance performance in several areas such as sport performance and public speaking.
The Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling is developed by The School of Positive Psychology and its graduates are eligible for a professional membership for practice with the National Council of Psychotherapists, U.K. This course aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of hypnotherapy and counselling practice in the area of psychotherapy. This course is intended for working professionals in the psychological outreach services or inspirational personnel who wish to obtain professional training to enter the field.
- Introduction to Hypnotherapy
- Applications of Hypnotherapy
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Hypnotherapy and Practice (supervision, clinical practice and case studies)
6 months, part time (Intakes in Jan, Jul)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes with either KI or GP, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI, or
- Mature students with minimum 2 years working experience holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits with minimum C6 grade in English or equivalent
- ITE Higher NITEC
Speak to us and find out!
+65 6884 5162
+65 6884 5177
We promise to contact you soonest within 1 working day