Why do people behave in certain ways? What is going on in everyone’s mind? Why are some people happier than others? What influences our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours? Am I the same person when I’m alone or in a group?
The course introduces students to the study of the human mind and behaviour in individuals and groups. Students will consider how aspects of their biology, ways of thinking, social environment, relationships and social identity combine to make us who we are. The course introduces the student to a wide range of psychological approaches and looks into areas such as learning, memory, emotions, and identity. Apart from learning the psychological theories, students will be taught the practical side by being exposed to the field of counseling and psychotherapy.
The course explores the development and applications of positive psychology as a paradigm shift in the field of psychology. Positive psychology emphasizes on subjective human experiences such as happiness and well-being, positive personality traits and their influence in the group and community.
This program will give students a head start in pursuing further studies and by adding to their existing qualifications and experience by being able to apply psychological, counselling and positive psychology principles to individual, social and organizational matters.
- Foundation Psychology
- Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Social Psychology
- Positive Emotions and Thoughts
- Positive Reframing Workshop
- Resilience Workshop
12 months, part time (Intakes in Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes with either KI or GP, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI, or
- Mature students with minimum 2 years working experience holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits with minimum C6 grade in English or equivalent
- ITE Higher NITEC
Assignments, role-plays, presentations, discussions, examination
Speak to us and find out!
+65 6884 5162
+65 6884 5177
We promise to contact you soonest within 1 working day